Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Small Haul

KEEP BREVARD BEACHES CLEAN 
Amazingly beautiful day at
Sunrise Park Indialantic  
FOR LOVE OF PEOPLE AND ANIMALS

What a gorgeous day.  There was a slight coolness in the gentle breeze that caressed us as we strolled along the beach this morning.

It was a pleasant surprise to find little trash to
'blog of'.  Unfortunately what that means is that the garbage has been reclaimed by the sea.

However, today was one of those lazy days where we spent more time enjoying the beach we love; collecting shells and watching surfers.  It felt as though the beach was saying thank you to us today.  
Keeping one eye on the hunt for trash I searched the wrack line for simple treasures and was not disappointed.

Thumbnail size baby conch
 I found what appears to be a miniscule sand tiger shark tooth, unfortunately my camera phone could not take a decent photo of it.

 I'm glad not every day looks as though a trash truck dumped a load on the beach but when it does I'll do what I can to make my little part of it look better.  Along the way I stumbled across 2 more feet of rope.
Bringing my new total to.....601 ft or 200.33 yards, over two football fields in length!
I am blessed.   I walked in the sunshine up to my ankles in warm ocean water. I found some treasure and had a nice chat with a local lady who greeted me with a grateful hello. She is one of the many wonderful beach cleaning guardians of Brevard that I have met during my cleanups.

Thanks for dropping in- it's OK to do on a blog but not a wave-

Tomorrow's Thanksgiving for us in the States. Have a happy one and....


try not to let too much turkey make you a slug,
get to a beach and give it a hug.
Shell skeleton
Some plastic piece of
goodness only knows!

clear plastic is
always on hand

The ocean was making some cool
patterns in the sand
Our small haul

Mini augers

No comments:

Post a Comment