Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Blue Light Special is losing its glow

KEEPING BREVARD BEACHES CLEAN
FOR LOVE OF PEOPLE AND ANIMALS
Nothin' but blue skies at
Sunrise Park, Indialantic 

Florida is still warm, come on down if you're chilly! But please bring a bag and some gloves. : )
Today we hit the beach in 'beautiful Indialantic by the sea', as the locals like to call it.
An ouchy waiting to happen.
One of two hooks I removed 

from the beach today

Arm-y of one
We can do it!






It was another day that found me feeling a bit overwhelmed. There is so much plastic all over the beach.  We cleaned for about an hour and collected three bags of yuck. I hate to leave knowing that tons of it remains on the sand and is soon to be washed out to sea.  At least some is better than none.

 There was a sand cat watching over the beach. It was cute, however, I did have to confiscate its ears; they were chips of plastic. I replaced them with seashells.
Today I recovered another 20ft. of rope, bringing the total up to 559 linear feet, which translates to 186.33 yards.


Thanks for checking in with my blog.


Now, be a peach 
and
 hug a beach.

Blue light special
losing its glow
Sand Cat
I thought for sure this product
would be a once in a lifetime find.
Not so.   This is number two.

Typical of what I find
ALL OVER the beach
Irrigation irritation
Someone's lost sprinkler system

2 comments:

  1. Great job Beach Hugger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for cleaning the beach. I am planning a trip to Satellite Beach during spring break. If you organize a beach pick up, I will help you! :-)

    ReplyDelete