Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cans in the Sand

KEEPING BREVARD BEACHES CLEAN 
FOR LOVE OF PEOPLE AND ANIMALS


Beach Hugger is back!   Moving is not fun but it's what I have been doing for the past week.

Chips destroy
 Sunday, November 27, I did manage to get to Melbourne Beach at Ocean Ave.  Not a lot of big trash but the ever present plastic chips were in abundance.
Recently I saw a photo of a decomposing seabird, there was a collection of plastic where it's stomach had been. The problem of plastic is huge.

As I walked along doing my thing a little guy who was about 6 or 7 came running up to me with a bottle cap to toss in my tote bag.  Thanks little guy, you're off to a great start.

Rope was in no short supply; I found 25 ft of it bringing my total to...626 ft or 208.66 yards.
Exploring and discovering trash

Another 25 ft of rope
Today we headed to Paradise!  Paradise Beach was looking pretty good today.  The waves were small, gentle rollers. It'll take another good storm at sea to dredge up more big stuff.  I did, however, find lots of plastic pieces and aluminum cans. I don't know why people think burying them in the sand is the answer?  Some poor sea turtle is going to be digging a nest and beer cans will be flying with the sand.  Heads up!

10 more feet of rope was eliminated from being a potential threat to marine life.
 As of today my grand total is- drum roll please.......... 636 ft or 212 yards.  

I believe I converted a new beach hugger today, a sunny spirit recently transplanted from New Jersey.
Hope to see you out there.

Thanks for stopping by.

I use the planet 
But I'm no leech
Every chance I get
I'm gonna hug the beach


Palms in Paradise

I don't know why there are so many of these
I find one almost every cleanup

Litterous lure

No comments:

Post a Comment