Saturday, November 12, 2011

Malicious Mess

The spot of the day, Canova Beach in Indialantic.
This spot is famous for the fossilized crabs you can find here.  If you find a lump of coquina rock that looks even remotely like a crab, it probably is a crab.  These fossils are between 7000 and 110,000 years old.  I am the proud owner of one of these gems.

Lee and Scotty
members of the  Beach Hugger crew
Piggy pollution
Being Saturday, we had more time for  a cleanup.  We spent over two hours cleaning a stretch of beach heading north from Canova at Eau Gallie Blvd.  It needed it.  The rough seas brought in tons of junk.  The beach looked worse than I'd seen one of our beaches in a long time.  Plastic everywhere! We picked up over 20lbs of trash.  Lots of rope.  We measured 35ft. of the deadly debris.  I have a pile of it at the Beach Hugger shack that has not yet been measured.  Look for my next blog to begin a tally of the length of rope in feet that I collect from the beach.  There is so much out there that can kill the innocent sea creatures who find themselves prisoners of these clumps!
Got a hole in me bucket...



Thanks for checking me out.


I'm asking all of you whom this blog reaches
please go out and hug your beaches!

Malice in Paradise 

No comments:

Post a Comment