Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Big Surf And The Reality Behind Dolphin Tale

 KEEPING BREVARD BEACHES CLEAN 
FOR LOVE OF PEOPLE AND ANIMALS

My little phone camera doesn't do it justice,
the waves were jumbo
I love Florida!  I don't care what the weather is like, cloudy, rainy, sunny, I love it all. Every blog, I could write: another beautiful day in Florida...... 

Melbourne Beach, a few blocks south of Ocean Ave., was the destination of the day for the Beach Hugger crew yesterday, and yes, it was another beautiful day in Florida.  Seas have been rough all week and we were treated to a scene of awesome power as immense waves crashed, churning up the surf.  At one point I swore I heard a shotgun but it was a wave slamming onto the sand. 

Loko litter
it takes all kinds
Habla Espanol?
 Definitely foreign flotsam

I know people go to the beach to relax
but this is ridiculous


The lure of litter
Oh grate, more litter
We usually spend an hour a day on our cleanups and pick up anywhere from 5-20 lbs of scata, which is Greek for merde, which is French for cr.. I'll say yucky stuff.  It's a family blog.
Things looked pretty good, I was surprised not to see a lot of the big chunks of plastic that we usually see washed up during rough seas.  It's like the ocean gets mad and spits the junk onto the beach and says- can you please do something with this scheise which is German for merda which is Italian for um, you get the picture. We focused on the smaller chips of plastic, bottle caps and a few containers.


Oh buoy, more junk
Debris that entangles marine animals and destroys
fins, flippers and flukes
Today we picked a spot a bit further south in Melbourne Beach.  Lots of big chunks of plastic and the reality behind Dolphin Tale.  The dolphin in the movie was rescued here in Brevard county and lost its tail because of marine debris like this rope.  Tons of it is out there.  I always get a great feeling when I find messes like this and get them off the beach because I  know there's one less time bomb out there to cause marine life to suffer.

Thanks for stopping by.
Remember:
 less litter thugs
more beach hugs


No comments:

Post a Comment