Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Blue Marble

KEEPING BREVARD BEACHES CLEAN 
Lee recycling fishing line
FOR LOVE OF PEOPLE AND ANIMALS
One good tern deserves another
Did Santa do that?
Florida, back on track!  No bundling today.  It was a t-shirt and flip flops day as temperatures rose to around 73 F, 21 C.  Winter in Florida, gotta love it.

Not the Oaklys!!
Bummer
 
We headed to Bicentennial Park in Indian Harbor Beach.
Hangin' with the royal  terns in IHB

Between the two of us, Lee and I probably only picked up about 6-8 lbs of trash today.
We relieved the beach of 4 ft of rope, creeping our total up to 1055 ft or 351.66 yds.

After our cleanup we visited the Sea Turtle Preservation Society shop: 111 Miramar Ave
Indialantic.  If you're in the area stop by, they have lots of cool arty items for sale, including lots of jewelry.  It all goes to help the turtles.

We had a wonderful talk with Ann and shared cleaning tales.
I was thrilled when she gave Lee and me each a blue marble.  It means a lot to me.
I had heard about the blue marble project through Sara Bayles' Daily Ocean blog.
Check it out for yourself at: www.bluemarbles.org
Ann taught me something today, I knew the planet was 2/3 water, however, I didn't realize we are matched with the earth in that we are also 2/3 water. (Am I the only one who didn't know that?)
Great Blue Heron
keeping close watch
over the fishermen
Also the salinity proportions within us match that of the ocean.  Now I know why people say Mother Ocean. Love your mother, hug a beach.

Thanks for dropping by
au revoir,
Beach Hugger.

My blue marble

Broken up trash can,
it has become what it once held



Low tide revealing rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment