Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Litter Lull

KEEPING BREVARD BEACHES CLEAN FOR 

LOVE OF PEOPLE AND ANIMALS

Fifth Avenue was our destination today. Warm sunshine and fresh sea air filled us with positive energy.
Gorgeous Florida day
The past two years Florida has had some cold winters.  We are holding out hope that this year will be a little warmer, so far it has.  Today it reached 78 F 24 C, can't beat that.

It was, however, a surfer's nightmare.  Flatter than flat.

Too new to keep
The beaches remain in a litter lull but I can always find chips of plastic, straws and bottle caps.








I found a cool green shovel and I would have added it to my extensive abandon shovel collection, if it were not for the little cutie pies hanging at the beach with dad. 



 It's true when you give something away it comes back to you.  I walked a short distance and came upon a shovel head that had just washed in.  It's silly, I know, but I get a kick out of my shovel collection.  :o)


I found 3 ft. of rope bringing the total up another yard to a whopping 1073 ft. or 357.66 yds.

Thanks for visiting.  I'm going to be working away on my Hope Rope creations.  I'll post more information soon.
Walk the county with me (or part of it) the last week of March.  Let see how much junk we can find in a county wide Beach Hug.  Come to the warmth of Florida, and bring a bag!

Aloha,
Beach Hugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment