Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year

KEEPING BREVARD BEACHES CLEAN FOR 
LOVE OF PEOPLE AND ANIMALS

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Rain and the holidays have kept me away but I'm back!

Hypodermic needle still intact
we took it to a fire station
for disposal
Friday, Dec 30 was my last cleanup of the year. We went to Melbourne Beach at Ocean Ave.
Serious slurpy straw system
We found 5 feet of rope
new total:1036 ft.
It was nice and warm, around 70 F, 20 C.  Scotty, Lee and I filled three totes of junk.

Today was a different story, temperature wise.
Us spoiled Floridians woke to chilly temps yesterday morning.
It was in the 20s. -5 C.Yipes! It stayed in the 40s all day 5 C. This morning it was a little warmer- 30s, getting up to the 50s, teens C.
Lee and I bundled up and braved the cold (LOL)
to do a cleanup in Paradise, Paradise Beach, Indialantic.

Not much litter to be found, which is nice. Our beaches are still pretty! I want them to stay that way.

Funky foam
A lot of cigarette butts today.   We usually don't find too many but today they were all over.

The only message in this bottle:
PICK UP YOUR TRASH!
Today we found 14 ft. of rope tangled up among the dried seaweed.
Our total to begin the new year is....1050 ft. or 350 yds.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope your holidays were grand.
If you're going to be in Brevard County FL between Saturday, March 24 and Sunday April 1,
join me as I walk the county form end to end in my county wide beach hug.
email me at brevardcountybeachhug12@gmail.com

Ciao for now,
Beach Hugger



1 comment:

  1. Found my 1st hypodermic here in Maine a few weeks ago. Unpleasant. Glad to have it off the beach though! Happy New Year, and thanks for all you're doing!

    - Harry

    ReplyDelete