Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Plastic, Hmmm. Seemed Like a Good Idea At The Time

KEEPING BREVARD BEACHES CLEAN FOR 
LOVE OF PEOPLE AND ANIMALS

Christmas is coming!  Shopping, sewing, baking etc. has not allowed me as much time at the beach as I would like.


I did, however, do a beach cleanup yesterday with my son; today I flew solo.
Scotty, on the trail of trash.
Monday's cleanup was in Paradise,  Paradise Beach, Indialantic. Awww that sounds so nice and it is but of course all the usual yuck was there. It was  mild around 72 F, 21C. (I still wore a jacket) We made it to the beach as the sun was dimming.
always lovely to find one of these
We collected two tote bags full of all kinds of debris; lots of big plastic chunks.
 I'm sure between us we collected over 10lbs.  The rope count for the day was 37 ft. , elevating the rope total to 949 ft. or 316.33 yds.

Un-natural at the beach
Today I hit Ocean Ave. in Melbourne Beach.  Another sunset session and another day of big chunks of plastic.  It didn't take long to fill my tote. I dumped it and went back for seconds.  Leaving was difficult.  One more thing I have to get, one more thing I have to get. Finally my bag was becoming difficult to carry so I had to pack it in.  Walking past debris on the way to the boardwalk, I tried not to think of the harm it may bring.  I can't get it all.  I did collect 38 ft. of rope moving my total up to 987 ft. or 329 yds.  Moving in on another football field.


Thanks for checking in.


Jingle bells
Beach litter smells
Balloons have gone astray


Pick up your stash
of all your trash
and throw it all away
Hey!

(Yes, I know, it's bad)   County wide Beach Hug, March 24-April 1.  We can clean up the place to celebrate the beginning of Sea Turtle nesting season.  Interested? brevardcountybeachhug12@gmail.com
Parlez vous Francais?
You bet it's long lasting...
this sucker's gonna be on
the planet for ever!

Rings of death
Bowls, bottles, bins....
Plastic, hmmm.
Seemed like a good idea at the time

No comments:

Post a Comment