Wednesday, December 14, 2011

You're Not From Around Here Are You?

KEEPING BREVARD BEACHES CLEAN
FOR
LOVE OF PEOPLE AND ANIMALS




Today was the sort of day we could have used a crowd of 'Beach Huggers'. Rough seas brought  lots of big chunks of plastic onto the beach and spread it everywhere.

 We were met by a cool breeze at the Fifth Avenue boardwalk in Indialantic this morning. 70 F, 20 C.  Lee and I collected trash for about 45 minutes and filled 4 tote bags.

Throughout the mess we discovered 38 ft. of rope.  New total: 900 ft. or 300 yds. Wow! That is exactly three American football fields since I began recording my rope one month ago.


Dishwashing PASTE?
You're not from around here
are you?


Just needs a little TLC
Now if only I could find the other one.....
We had to mind
what we reached for.
These highly poisonous Man O' War
were all over.
Sometimes the best solution is in
removing  the pacifier.
Gratuitous puppy photo!
My girl 'Brooklyn'
~Spirula~
skeletal remains of
deep sea squid.
Always fun to find.
Hair Relaxer #6
Buoy on a stick.
Unhealthy snack,
covered with chew marks.
Thanks for checking out my latest Beach Hug.
Don't forget my county wide Beach Hug, between Sat. March 24 and Sun. April 1.
Email: brevardcountybeachhug12@gmail.com if you're interested.
Thanks.

From off the beach
I will lug
Trash in my tote
It's how I hug.








No comments:

Post a Comment