Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ping Pong Gone Wrong


KEEPING BREVARD BEACHES CLEAN 
FOR LOVE OF PEOPLE AND ANIMALS


Avenue A access

A twilight surf session was being enjoyed by about 15 surfers in Melbourne Beach yesterday as the Beach Hugger crew did a 45 minute cleanup.  My camera phone doesn't do it justice but there was a beautiful rosy glow across the clouds, reflected in the wet sand. And then there was the litter.....
Foot where?

Trash bins are conveniently
located a mere
20yds from this spot



We collected 7 ft. of rope and two tote bags full of all kinds of stuff.
Barnacled Bin
For those fresh Florida oranges
Wheel of misfortune
This morning we launched our quiet assault on litter from Millenium Park in Indian Harbour Beach.
Warm Wonderful Florida in December
Ping Pong
Gone Wrong

A gift for me
from the sea
Towards the end of my cleanup, I was making my way back up the beach and looking for litter along the surf zone. I was taking in the beauty of the beach; the sweet fresh air, the calming sound of the ocean's rush and the warmth of the Florida sun, when I noticed something large up ahead that had, only moments before, been gently pushed onto the beach. As I walked up to it, I was excited to see a big beautiful unbroken shell waiting for me. This shell is awesome. I accepted it as a thank you from the ocean for my cleaning efforts.
This morning's cleanup resulted in another 20 ft. of rope bringing the total to...
 729 ft. or 243 yards of discarded rope.


Thanks for checking in with my (almost) daily beach cleanup blog.
I'll be quick
I won't give a speech
I'll only say
Please hug a beach





No comments:

Post a Comment